I’ve noticed that whenever my mind is unoccupied I slip right back into thinking about infertility, and to be honest I feel like I’m becoming a bit obsessed. In some ways I feel much calmer now than I did before I started this blog, during the interminable wait for my FS appointment. I’m more optimistic, and on a good day… a little less impatient!
But my husband pointed out last night that recently we spend much less time actually together when we are both home. I happen to think part of the blame for that lies firmly with H’s new Playstation 3. That said, I can’t deny that I spend more of my evenings at home in front of the computer either writing in this blog or reading many of the others that I follow.
So tonight, I find myself at work, with idle hands. Here is a list of things I have done before caving in and logging into IF Land.
- Completed some dreaded paperwork (in actual fact, I was so bored that even though my paperwork is all up-to-date I have actually started preparing paperwork in advance).
- I ate dinner. Slowly.
- I spent 45 minutes perusing Explore/Interestingness/Last 7 Days on Flikr
- I compared my pathetic photos to some of the amazing photos taken by talented people on Flikr, and got depressed.
- Ate a chocolate muffin to cure my depression.
- Answered a work-related phone call. Made frantic conversation with the person on the other end as they were trying desperately to hang up.
- Sat staring at the wall.
What’s the moral of the story, you ask? Buggered if I know, but at least I just killed another 30 minutes.